My family loves this recipe. It's such a good all-around dish, especially if you choose to eat the sausage on buss or for a heartier meal, with spaghetti.Ilean Schultheiss, Cohocton, New York
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 8 Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links links (2 pounds)
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 large green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 8 brat buns, split
- Additional Parmesan cheese, optional
- Place sausages in a large skillet; cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until a thermometer
- reads 160°; drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the spaghetti sauce,
- water, tomato paste, green pepper, onion, cheese and parsley. Add
- sausages. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until vegetables
- are tender. Serve in buns. Sprinkle with additional cheese if
- desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 568 calories, 26 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 1,757 mg sodium,