My family loves this recipe. It's such a good all-around dish, especially if you choose to eat the sausage on buss or for a heartier meal, with spaghetti.—Ilean Schultheiss, Cohocton, New York
- 8 Italian sausage links (2 pounds)
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 large green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 8 brat buns, split
- Additional Parmesan cheese, optional
- Place sausages in a large skillet; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°; drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the spaghetti sauce, water, tomato paste, green pepper, onion, cheese and parsley. Add sausages. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until vegetables are tender. Serve in buns. Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Melt-In-Your-Mouth Sausages in Country Woman May/June 1982
Reviews for Melt-in-Your-Mouth Sausages
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review