- 8 Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links links (2 pounds)
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 large green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 8 brat buns, split
- Additional Parmesan cheese, optional
- Place sausages in a large skillet; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°; drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the spaghetti sauce, water, tomato paste, green pepper, onion, cheese and parsley. Add sausages. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until vegetables are tender. Serve in buns. Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Melt-in-Your-Mouth Sausages
Sort By :
"Really good. I was suprised how nice the flavor was. It was great slow cooked."
"These were excellent! I did them covered, in a 250F oven for about 4 hours, since I don't have a slow cooker, and they were perfect. Served them over spaghetti! Really tender and full of flavour."
"Easy to make and very delicious!"
"Very good. I used beer brats, didn't brown them-just put everything in the cooker and started it. Put it on high for an hour then low for 3 hours, then on high for the last hour or so. I did have parmesan rinds that I keep from wedges that I added instead of the grated parmesan. I had an Italian blend shredded cheese that we used to sprinkle on top of sandwiches. Will definetely make again. With 4 boys ,I'm always looking for hearty and quick meals and this fits the bill."
"These sausages turn out so nicely, my entire family loves them. We make them whenever we want a quick meal or when we're at work and it's cooking while we're gone. They make an awesome dinner and are so easy to make, we're keeping this recipe for a long time to come."