Melt-in-Your-Mouth Pot Roast Recipe
- 1 pound medium red potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- Place potatoes and carrots in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cut roast in half. Combine the mustard, rosemary, garlic salt, thyme and pepper; rub over roast.
- Place in slow cooker; top with onion and broth. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Melt-in-Your-Mouth Pot Roast
Sort By :
Followed the recipe, found the flavor odd... Not good enough to make again.
This was my first pot roast recipe and it was a hit! I don't eat red meat, but my husband does. I wanted to cook something special for him and was a bit worried due to my lack of experience with red meat. (I didn't even know what I was looking for in the beef section at the grocery store and had to ask the butcher!!) Anyways.... This was so simple! Followed the recipe but added about a cup more broth. Cooked it for 8 hours while I was at work. My husband was so excited when he tried it! He loved it! He said it was so flavorful and tender. I will definitely be keeping this recipe!
OMG this is fantastic. Wasn't sure about the mustard but turned out so tender you could cut it with a fork. My husband can eat it wih his teeth out. Really really good. Well make again
Very tasty meal! Cooked on low for 7-8 and meat was not dry and the Dijon adds a nice flavor.
This recipe is most definitely sensational. My husband and kids love it. I double up on the ingredients for the mixture that you rub onto the meat. I also add more potatoes and carrots along with celery. I double up on the onions and i cook it for about 8 to 8 1/2 hours depending on the size of the meat. This has become one of my all time favorite recipes. It is not bland at all. I even recommend this recipe to family and friends.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Beef Recipes >