Melt-in-Your-Mouth Pot Roast Recipe
- 1 pound medium red potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- Place potatoes and carrots in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cut roast in half. Combine the mustard, rosemary, garlic salt, thyme and pepper; rub over roast.
- Place in slow cooker; top with onion and broth. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Melt-in-Your-Mouth Pot Roast
Sort By :
This was great. Just starting to cook using crockpot. Great flavor. I'd put more carrots in the next time, potatoes too.
Followed the recipe, found the flavor odd... Not good enough to make again.
This was my first pot roast recipe and it was a hit! I don't eat red meat, but my husband does. I wanted to cook something special for him and was a bit worried due to my lack of experience with red meat. (I didn't even know what I was looking for in the beef section at the grocery store and had to ask the butcher!!) Anyways.... This was so simple! Followed the recipe but added about a cup more broth. Cooked it for 8 hours while I was at work. My husband was so excited when he tried it! He loved it! He said it was so flavorful and tender. I will definitely be keeping this recipe!
OMG this is fantastic. Wasn't sure about the mustard but turned out so tender you could cut it with a fork. My husband can eat it wih his teeth out. Really really good. Well make again
Very tasty meal! Cooked on low for 7-8 and meat was not dry and the Dijon adds a nice flavor.