- 1 pound medium red potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- Place potatoes and carrots in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cut roast in half. Combine the mustard, rosemary, garlic salt, thyme and pepper; rub over roast.
- Place in slow cooker; top with onion and broth. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Freeze option: Place sliced pot roast and vegetables in freezer containers; top with cooking juices. Cool and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a covered saucepan, gently stirring and adding a little water if necessary. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Melt-in-Your-Mouth Pot Roast
Sort By :
"Not bad. The rosemary is overpowering and the "rub" doesn't really do anything flavor wise, but my family enjoyed it. I'll probably make it again without all the herbs."
"Worst pot roast I ever had. Ended up throwing it away and ordering takeout. Very disappointing. Followed recipe as written."
"This was great. Just starting to cook using crockpot. Great flavor. I'd put more carrots in the next time, potatoes too."
"Followed the recipe, found the flavor odd... Not good enough to make again."
"This was my first pot roast recipe and it was a hit! I don't eat red meat, but my husband does. I wanted to cook something special for him and was a bit worried due to my lack of experience with red meat. (I didn't even know what I was looking for in the beef section at the grocery store and had to ask the butcher!!) Anyways.... This was so simple! Followed the recipe but added about a cup more broth. Cooked it for 8 hours while I was at work. My husband was so excited when he tried it! He loved it! He said it was so flavorful and tender. I will definitely be keeping this recipe!"