Melt-in-Your-Mouth Pot Roast Recipe
- 1 pound medium red potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1. Place potatoes and carrots in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cut roast in half. Combine the mustard, rosemary, garlic salt, thyme and pepper; rub over roast.
- 2. Place in slow cooker; top with onion and broth. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- 3. Freeze option: Place sliced pot roast and vegetables in freezer containers; top with cooking juices. Cool and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a covered saucepan, gently stirring and adding a little water if necessary. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 352 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 657 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.