Melt-in-Your-Mouth Pot Roast
Slow-simmered and seasoned with rosemary, mustard and thyme, this tender and tasty pot roast is so easy to make and always a hit. Substitute burgundy or brandy plus a half cup of water for the broth…the aroma is wonderful! —Jeannie Klugh, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 pound medium red potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- Place potatoes and carrots in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cut roast in half.
- Combine the mustard, rosemary, garlic salt, thyme and pepper; rub
- over roast.
- Place in slow cooker; top with onion and broth. Cover and cook on low
- for 6-8 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Yield: 6-8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 352 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 657 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as