Melt-in-Your-Mouth Meat Loaf Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well (mixture will be moist). Shape into a round loaf; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- In a small bowl, whisk the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Spoon over the meat loaf. Cook 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Melt-in-Your-Mouth Meat Loaf
Sort By :
I have to give this only 3 stars because the texture was way too moist for me. The flavor was fantastic, but I couldn't stomach the wetness of this meatloaf. I will make this again but adjust the liquid ingredients for sure.
Made this yesterday and both my husband and I really enjoyed it. I did take a reviewer's suggestion and used a package of onion soup mix as I didn't have the minced onion and sage and that gave it a nice flavor.
yes you can use ground turkey. I use the 97% lean Shad Brook Farms ground turkey breast. Put the sauce ingredients on the bottom and cook for 3 hours on high. Perfect EVERY time.... Bonus is I don't have to turn on my stove :-)
Quick, easy and delicious! I am a crockpot queen so this recipe absolutely rocks. I will only fix it this way from now on. Love, love, love it and so does every member of my family!
Bland, boring, and tasteless