- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well (mixture will be moist). Shape into a round loaf; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- In a small bowl, whisk the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Spoon over the meat loaf. Cook 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Melt-in-Your-Mouth Meat Loaf
Sort By :
"This meatloaf is literally one of the BEST I've ever tasted. I absolutely love that I can cook it in the crockpot- nothing like coming home from a long days work to the smell of a home cooked meal! I was hesitant on the ketchup sauce topping because of my former experiences with ketchup topped meatloaf but can I just say that it completed the taste and it was exceptional. I did want to prepare a few loaves to freeze and cook later but I don't think I can because of the egg and milk in the recipe - I've read that they separate once frozen. If anyone has info on this that would be great!"
"Outstanding. Changed a few things. Definitely add green pepper & onion."
"I have made this meatloaf several times.. I add chopped onion, chopped green pepper to it and it is delicious! I make it with or without the sauce, When making without the sauce, I make gravy and mashed potatoes, when making the sauce I make twice the sauce and serve it with scalloped potatoes."
"First-rate! I added additional onions both in the meatloaf & around it. Easy prep makes this a dish I will favor. I grew up on baked, dry meatloaf until my brother came home with a new recipe for meatloaf that included liquid (milk) to make it more moist. My mom ditched her dry meat loaf recipe after that & we found a few other recipes along the way."
"This is a one sad dish. I have never made nor eaten anything so disgusting in my time of cooking. There was no taste, no spice, no nothing. The dried minced onions do little for the recipe toward enhancing the flavour. I suggest some real onions as a substitute and maybe some shredded carrots for colour. Actually, I'd remove this recipe from you list. This is NOT a crockpot meal, full stop. I wasted a lot of money buying top mince to make this and the dish was a failure. I am glad we did not have guest for this meal."