- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon minced serrano pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 4 cups each cubed watermelon, cantaloupe and honeydew
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar, water, lemon juice, honey and serrano pepper to a boil; cook 3-5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat; stir in mint and lemon peel. Cool completely.
- Strain syrup; discard pepper, mint and lemon peel. In a large bowl, combine melons. Add syrup; gently toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours, stirring several times. Yield: 12 servings (1 cup each).
Originally published as Melon with Serrano-Mint Syrup in Taste of Home April/May 2008, p47
Reviews for Melon with Serrano-Mint Syrup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review