- 2-2/3 cups unsweetened raspberries
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 large cantaloupe
- 1/2 medium honeydew
- Set aside a few raspberries for garnish. Place the remaining berries in a blender or food processor; cover and process until pureed. Add the honey, lemon juice and ginger; cover and process. Strain and discard seeds; set sauce aside.
- Cut the cantaloupe and honeydew into three wedges; cut each wedge widthwise in half. Remove seeds and rind. With a knife, slice each piece of melon lengthwise toward narrow end without cutting completely to the end. Open into a fan shape.
- On each dessert plate, place 2 tablespoons of raspberry sauce and a cantaloupe fan and honeydew fan. Garnish with reserved raspberries. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Melon with Raspberry Sauce in Light & Tasty August/September 2001, p44
Reviews for Melon with Raspberry Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review