Melon Turkey Salad Recipe
"With its combination of tender chunks of turkey, sweet melon balls and juicy grapes, this salad is a winner at our ladies' club," reports Carolyn Zimmerman of Fairbury, Illinois.
- 4 medium cantaloupes, halved and seeded
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1-1/2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped unsalted dry roasted cashews
- 1. Make melon balls from one cantaloupe half; refrigerate remaining cantaloupe halves. In a large bowl, combine the turkey, grapes, celery and reserved cantaloupe balls.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, ginger and salt. Pour over turkey mixture and stir gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 3. Stir in cashews just before serving. Spoon 1 cup salad into each cantaloupe half. Yield: 7 servings.
1 cup: 342 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 209mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 3g fiber), 30g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fruit, 1 fat.
Reviews for Melon Turkey Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC