Melon Turkey Salad Recipe
- 4 medium cantaloupes, halved and seeded
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1-1/2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped unsalted dry roasted cashews
- 1. Make melon balls from one cantaloupe half; refrigerate remaining cantaloupe halves. In a large bowl, combine the turkey, grapes, celery and reserved cantaloupe balls.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, ginger and salt. Pour over turkey mixture and stir gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 3. Stir in cashews just before serving. Spoon 1 cup salad into each cantaloupe half. Yield: 7 servings.
1 cup equals 342 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 209 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 fruit, 1-1/2 fat.