- 1 cup each cubed cantaloupe, honeydew and seedless watermelon
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- In a large bowl, combine the melon, cucumber and mint; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- For vinaigrette, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar, salt and mustard. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Cool. Transfer to a blender. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Stir in yogurt and poppy seeds.
- Pour half of the vinaigrette over melon mixture; toss to coat. Arrange spinach on a serving platter; top with melon. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Melon Salad with Poppy Seed Vinaigrette in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p217
Reviews for Melon Salad with Poppy Seed Vinaigrette
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review