- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 cups cantaloupe balls
- 2 cups honeydew balls
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients; cover and chill. In a large covered saucepan, simmer chicken in apple juice, water and peppercorns for 20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Discard broth; allow chicken to cool. Slice into thin strips and place in a large bowl. Add celery, melon balls and parsley. Serve on a bed of lettuce if desired. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Melon Salad with Ginger Dressing in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p13
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Melon Salad with Ginger Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review