Melon-Mango Salsa Recipe
- 1 cup finely chopped cantaloupe
- 1 cup finely chopped honeydew
- 1 cup finely chopped peeled mango
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cinnamon sugar baked pita chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the lemon juice, cinnamon and cayenne. Pour over fruit mixture; toss to coat. Chill until serving. Serve with pita chips. Yield: 4 cups.
1/4 cup (calculated without pita chips) equals 17 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: Free food.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.