“After tasting a similar salsa on top of fresh fish at a fishing tournament, I went home and tried to duplicate it. This is my surprising result! It’s terrific with cinnamon pita chips.” —Sylvia Fincham, New Bern, North Carolina
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup finely chopped cantaloupe
- 1 cup finely chopped honeydew
- 1 cup finely chopped peeled mango
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cinnamon sugar baked pita chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the lemon
- juice, cinnamon and cayenne. Pour over fruit mixture; toss to coat.
- Chill until serving. Serve with pita chips. Yield: 4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without pita chips) equals 17 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: Free food.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.