“After tasting a similar salsa on top of fresh fish at a fishing tournament, I went home and tried to duplicate it. This is my surprising result! It’s terrific with cinnamon pita chips.” —Sylvia Fincham, New Bern, North Carolina
- 1 cup finely chopped cantaloupe
- 1 cup finely chopped honeydew
- 1 cup finely chopped peeled mango
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cinnamon sugar baked pita chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the lemon juice, cinnamon and cayenne. Pour over fruit mixture; toss to coat. Chill until serving. Serve with pita chips. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Melon-Mango Salsa in Simple & Delicious June/July 2011, p37
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Melon-Mango Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2012
"I've made this twice with a variety of different fruits and it was delicious both times. The only thing I did different was add about a 1/2 cup of sugar."