Melon 'n' Grape Medley Recipe
This colorful fruit salad from our Test Kitchen has a zesty honey-orange dressing with a surprising twist...a hint of jalapeno!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:6 servings
- 1-1/2 cups cantaloupe balls
- 1-1/2 cups watermelon balls
- 1-1/2 cups green grapes
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1. In a resealable plastic bag, combine the cantaloupe, watermelon and grapes. In a small bowl, whisk the orange juice, honey and lime juice. Stir in the jalapeno and lime peel.
- 2. Pour over fruit. Seal bag, removing as much air as possible, and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup equals 74 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fruit.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC