Mediterranean Vegetable Pasta
“I created this fast-to-fix recipe to use up excess zucchini from our garden, and at the same time, serve a pasta dish that was lower in calories,” relates Jan Clark of New Florence, Missouri about her prize-winning recipe.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup canned Italian diced tomatoes
- 6 pitted ripe olives, halved
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, saute the zucchini, mushrooms, green pepper and onion in
- oil until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute
- longer. Stir in the tomatoes, olives and pepper; heat through.
- Drain pasta; divide between two plates. Top with vegetable mixture
- and cheeses. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 cups equals 321 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 800 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 12 g protein.