“I created this fast-to-fix recipe to use up excess zucchini from our garden, and at the same time, serve a pasta dish that was lower in calories,” relates Jan Clark of New Florence, Missouri about her prize-winning recipe.
Recommended: 25 Healthy Zucchini Recipes
- 3 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup canned Italian diced tomatoes
- 6 pitted ripe olives, halved
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the zucchini, mushrooms, green pepper and onion in oil until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, olives and pepper; heat through.
- Drain pasta; divide between two plates. Top with vegetable mixture and cheeses. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Mediterranean Vegetable Pasta in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007, p31
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mediterranean Vegetable Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 17, 2015
"This pasta recipe is totally awesome. Thank you!!!!!"
Reviewed Mar. 25, 2014
"One of my favorites!"