“I created this fast-to-fix recipe to use up excess zucchini from our garden, and at the same time, serve a pasta dish that was lower in calories,” relates Jan Clark of New Florence, Missouri about her prize-winning recipe.
- 3 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup canned Italian diced tomatoes
- 6 pitted ripe olives, halved
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the zucchini, mushrooms, green pepper and onion in oil until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, olives and pepper; heat through.
- Drain pasta; divide between two plates. Top with vegetable mixture and cheeses. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Mediterranean Vegetable Pasta in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007, p31
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mediterranean Vegetable Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 17, 2015
"This pasta recipe is totally awesome. Thank you!!!!!"
Reviewed Mar. 25, 2014
"One of my favorites!"