Mediterranean Turkey Potpies Recipe
Your clan will love these wonderful, stick-to-the-ribs potpies featuring a unique flavor twist. I always use the leftovers from our big holiday turkey to prepare this recipe. I think my family enjoys the potpies more than the original feast! —Marie Rizzio, Interlochen, Michigan
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives, halved
- 1/4 cup sliced pepperoncini
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a Dutch oven, saute onions in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. In a small bowl, whisk flour and broth until smooth; gradually stir into onion mixture. Stir in tomatoes. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat. Add the turkey, artichokes, olives, pepperoncini, oregano and pepper; stir gently. Divide turkey mixture among six 10-oz. ramekins.
- Roll out 2 ounces dough to fit each ramekin (reserve remaining dough for another use). Cut slits in dough; place over filling. Press to seal edges. Combine egg white and oregano; brush over dough.
- Place ramekins on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 18-22 minutes or until crusts are golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mediterranean Turkey Potpies in Healthy Cooking October/November 2012, p51
Reviews for Mediterranean Turkey Potpies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Artichoke Hearts >
- Artichoke Recipes >
- Baked Turkey >
- Baking Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >