Mediterranean Turkey Potpies Recipe
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives, halved
- 1/4 cup sliced pepperoncini
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute onions in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. In a small bowl, whisk flour and broth until smooth; gradually stir into onion mixture. Stir in tomatoes. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Add the turkey, artichokes, olives, pepperoncini, oregano and pepper; stir gently. Divide turkey mixture among six 10-oz. ramekins.
- 3. Roll out 2 ounces dough to fit each ramekin (reserve remaining dough for another use). Cut slits in dough; place over filling. Press to seal edges. Combine egg white and oregano; brush over dough.
- 4. Place ramekins on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 18-22 minutes or until crusts are golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
1 potpie: 326 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 699mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 0 fat.