Mediterranean Turkey Panini Recipe
The word "panini" refers to a sandwich that is pressed and toasted. I love making paninis for my fellow teachers and friends. For potlucks, make several and cut them into fourths. The sandwiches work well as an appetizer for any occasion. —Martha Muellenberg, Vermillion, South Dakota
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 4 ciabatta rolls, split
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara or spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 container (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 pound sliced deli turkey
- 1. Spread each ciabatta bottom with 2 tablespoons marinara sauce. Top with cheese, artichokes, tomato and turkey. Spread each ciabatta top with 2 tablespoons marinara sauce; place over turkey.
- 2. Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill for 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Place remaining marinara sauce in a small microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on high until heated through. Serve with sandwiches. Yield: 4 servings.
1 panini with 1/3 cup sauce equals 701 calories, 18 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 2,314 mg sodium, 98 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 40 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC