Mediterranean Tuna Salad Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) albacore white tuna in water
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta or blue cheese, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the beans, celery, red pepper and green onions. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, mustard, basil, salt and pepper. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat. Gently stir in tuna.
- 2. Serve over lettuce. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups tuna salad with 1 cup shredded lettuce (calculated without cheese) equals 282 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 682 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Mediterranean Tuna Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.