- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) albacore white tuna in water
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta or blue cheese, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, celery, red pepper and green onions. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, mustard, basil, salt and pepper. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat. Gently stir in tuna.
- Serve over lettuce. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mediterranean Tuna Salad
Sort By :
"Delicious...Made this morning to take to work. The difference was I threw in the lettuce. Instead of serving it over lettuce. I used black beans & I used 2 cans of Tuna fish . Very flavorful, Loved that there is a recipe out their that doesn't call for mayo. If one eats MORE Mediiterranean food they would be a lot healthier! Yummo"
"This is a really tasty, versatile salad (I was surprised!). I prepare it w/out feta; if I serve it as a salad, I add the feta then. Otherwise, I mash the chickpeas and add a bit of mayonnaise to make a spread for sandwiches and crackers."
"Delicious! I added a small finely chopped jalepeno pepper (without seeds) and used fresh basil."
"Awesome, healthier alternative to traditional tuna salad. Only changes I made omitting the cheese and substituted roasted red peppers for the red pepper since I was out of peppers. Definitely make again."
"Made this exactly as written, and tried it with and without the blue cheese. Either way, I did not care for the balsamic vinegar in the dressing."