In spite of a long list of ingredients, this tuna salad is very quick to prepare. You'll love the fresh flavors. —Renee Nash, Snoqualmie, Washington
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) albacore white tuna in water
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta or blue cheese, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, celery, red pepper and green onions. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, mustard, basil, salt and pepper. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat. Gently stir in tuna.
- Serve over lettuce. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mediterranean Tuna Salad in Healthy Cooking August/September 2010, p15
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mediterranean Tuna Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review