Mediterranean Tuna Salad Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) albacore white tuna in water
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta or blue cheese, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, celery, red pepper and green onions. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, mustard, basil, salt and pepper. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat. Gently stir in tuna.
- Serve over lettuce. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mediterranean Tuna Salad(11)
Sort By :
Delicious! I added a small finely chopped jalepeno pepper (without seeds) and used fresh basil.
Awesome, healthier alternative to traditional tuna salad. Only changes I made omitting the cheese and substituted roasted red peppers for the red pepper since I was out of peppers. Definitely make again.
Made this exactly as written, and tried it with and without the blue cheese. Either way, I did not care for the balsamic vinegar in the dressing.
This was absolutely delicious. With one non-meat eating daughter and a carnivorous husband, it is difficult to find recipes the whole family can enjoy. This fit the bill perfectly. We followed the recipe exactly (except for substituting dijon mustard for spicy brown), but I can think of many possibilities for adapting it in the future ... adding olives, or capers, or maybe some chopped hard boiled eggs, etc. Thank you, Renee Nash! Much appreciated.
Excellent! My daughter and I loved it and we are making it again. So tasty and healthy, too.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Greek Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Greek Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >