- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 tuna steaks (8 ounces each), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1/3 cup halved pitted Greek olives
- 1 large tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute tuna in 1 tablespoon oil until fish flakes easily with a fork; cool.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the lemon juice, oregano, garlic, salt, pepper and remaining oil; shake well.
- Drain pasta and rinse in cold water.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the pasta, tuna, cucumber, onion, olives, tomato and feta cheese. Drizzle with dressing; gently toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mediterranean Tuna Pasta Salad in Taste of Home
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mediterranean Tuna Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 17, 2008
"Sounds like the best salad possible. I would recommend it any time, especially to fish lovers."