- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 tuna steaks (8 ounces each), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1/3 cup halved pitted Greek olives
- 1 large tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute tuna in 1 tablespoon oil until fish flakes easily with a fork; cool.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the lemon juice, oregano, garlic, salt, pepper and remaining oil; shake well.
- Drain pasta and rinse in cold water.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the pasta, tuna, cucumber, onion, olives, tomato and feta cheese. Drizzle with dressing; gently toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mediterranean Tuna Pasta Salad
Sort By :
"Very good and very easy. I used a can of albacore tuna ...so it can be a staple of a kitchen. You can easily double this...or could probably substiture whole wheat/ or high fiber pasta to add a little extra nutrition to it. Prep time was about 30 minutes counting the time to boil the pasta."
"Sounds like the best salad possible. I would recommend it any time, especially to fish lovers."