One of my childhood friends moved to Italy 20 years ago. During a recent visit to see her, I enjoyed a scrumptious salad made with tortellini and fresh vegetables. I fell in love with the dish and have been trying to recreate ever since. How'd I do? —Kelly Mapes, Fort Collins, Colorado
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked turkey sausage, sliced
- 3/4 cup prepared pesto
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 2 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup roasted sweet red peppers, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup pitted Greek olives, sliced
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir sausage over medium heat 6-7 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Drain tortellini; add to sausage. Stir in pesto. Add remaining ingredients; toss to combine. Serve warm or refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mediterranean Tortellini Salad in Simple & Delicious August/September 2013, p19
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mediterranean Tortellini Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review