Mediterranean Tortellini Salad Recipe
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked turkey sausage, sliced
- 3/4 cup prepared pesto
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 2 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup roasted sweet red peppers, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup pitted Greek olives, sliced
- 1. Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir sausage over medium heat 6-7 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to a large bowl.
- 3. Drain tortellini; add to sausage. Stir in pesto. Add remaining ingredients; toss to combine. Serve warm or refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 334 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 981mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Mediterranean Tortellini Salad
"The flavors in this recipe are very tasty. I also used black olives and our favorite Hillshire farm smoked sausage. Since it's gotten cold here I wanted a hot dish for supper. So I added chicken broth and saved the pesto and feta to spoon onto each bowl. This is definitely an 'all-season' keeper. I will make it as a salad to be a side to grilled meats next summer!"
"I just made this for supper last night and my whole family loved it! I substituted chicken/apple sausage for the turkey sausage as my family loves that kind. I could not find Greek olives so I substituted black olives, sliced. I would def. make this one again!"
"Very tasty.Followed the recipe exactly & got many compliments."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.