Mediterranean Tomato Bites
My friend Mary served these lovely appetizers at a summer gathering several years ago, and I adapted it a bit to my taste. It's a great August recipe when tomatoes and herbs are at their freshest! —Susan Wilson, Milwaukee, WI
32 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Gouda cheese
- 6 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup pitted ripe olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Minced fresh basil and oregano
- Unfold puff pastry; cut each sheet into 16 squares. Transfer squares
- to greased baking sheets. Sprinkle with Gouda cheese; top with
- tomatoes, olives and feta cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 14-18 minutes or until golden brown; sprinkle
- with herbs. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 32 appetizers.
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer equals 106 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 136 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer