Mediterranean Tomato Bites Recipe
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Gouda cheese
- 6 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pitted ripe olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Minced fresh basil
- Minced fresh oregano
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Unfold puff pastry. Cut each sheet into 16 squares; place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
Sprinkle with Gouda cheese; top with tomatoes, olives and feta cheese. Bake until golden brown, 14-18 minutes. Sprinkle with herbs.
- 3. Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked pastries on waxed paper-lined baking sheets until firm. Transfer to freezer containers, separating layers with waxed paper; return to freezer. To use, bake pastries as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through. Top as directed. Yield: 32 appetizers.
1 appetizer: 106 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (trace sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Mediterranean Tomato Bites
"My new favorite appetizer; and super easy to make."
"These tasted and looked great and were easy to make."
"Great tasting, easy to assemble, and amenable to changes to suit tastes. I used three-cheese Italian blend cheese instead of the Gouda because of an allergy to Annatto food dye used in yellow cheeses, and it worked out fine. My family devoured them! Great way to use my garden's tomatoes and basil."
"this is amazing! we left out the olives (thought we had some but we didn't)"
"Easy, taste so yummy and they look fancy. I did a thin layer of sour cream (could use creme fraiche) under the tomato and it made it abit richer. A nice side dish that looks like you fussed!"
"I used crescent roll dough and it was delicious!"
"Mediterranean tomato bites are one my family uses when we have company and need a quick, easy group of appetizers. It's simple, easy and fun to make and the guests usually simply love it."
"I made these tonight for an appetizer to use up some of our summer tomatoes. They were easy, delicious, and looked nice too. My husband was impressed, but I didn't tell him how easy they were ; )"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer