My friend Mary served these lovely appetizers at a summer gathering several years ago, and I adapted it a bit to my taste. It's a great August recipe when tomatoes and herbs are at their freshest! —Susan Wilson, Milwaukee, WI
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Gouda cheese
- 6 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup pitted ripe olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Minced fresh basil and oregano
- Unfold puff pastry; cut each sheet into 16 squares. Transfer squares to greased baking sheets. Sprinkle with Gouda cheese; top with tomatoes, olives and feta cheese.
Bake at 400° for 14-18 minutes or until golden brown; sprinkle with herbs. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze assembled unbaked squares on waxed paper-lined baking sheets until firm. Transfer to freezer containers, separating layers with waxed paper; return to freezer. To use, remove pastries from freezer 30 minutes before baking and place on greased baking sheets. Bake and serve as directed. Yield: 32 appetizers.
Originally published as Mediterranean Tomato Bites in Taste of Home June/July 2009, p41
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Mediterranean Tomato Bites
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review