- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Gouda cheese
- 6 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup pitted ripe olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Minced fresh basil and oregano
- Unfold puff pastry; cut each sheet into 16 squares. Transfer squares to greased baking sheets. Sprinkle with Gouda cheese; top with tomatoes, olives and feta cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 14-18 minutes or until golden brown; sprinkle with herbs. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 32 appetizers.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Mediterranean Tomato Bites
Sort By :
"These tasted and looked great and were easy to make."
"Great tasting, easy to assemble, and amenable to changes to suit tastes. I used three-cheese Italian blend cheese instead of the Gouda because of an allergy to Annatto food dye used in yellow cheeses, and it worked out fine. My family devoured them! Great way to use my garden's tomatoes and basil."
"this is amazing! we left out the olives (thought we had some but we didn't)"
"Easy, taste so yummy and they look fancy. I did a thin layer of sour cream (could use creme fraiche) under the tomato and it made it abit richer. A nice side dish that looks like you fussed!"
"I used crescent roll dough and it was delicious!"