Mediterranean Summer Squash Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add squash and zucchini; saute 6-8 minutes longer or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the remaining ingredients; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
2/3 cup: 69 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Mediterranean Summer Squash
"Amazing flavor. Super good with greek tuna steak."
"T have squash planted in my small garden and I'll soon be trying this recipe. It sounds great and we love all kinds of squash."