Mediterranean Summer Squash Recipe
“I came up with the recipe when my garden was producing like crazy and I had lots of fresh zucchini, yellow squash and tomatoes," writes Dawn E Bryant of Thedford, Nebraska. "I combined the three, added herbs, garlic and feta and came up with a colorful, flavorful dish that I really love. My son eats it up like crazy too.”
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add squash and zucchini; saute 6-8 minutes longer or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the remaining ingredients; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
2/3 cup equals 69 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 220 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC