“I came up with the recipe when my garden was producing like crazy and I had lots of fresh zucchini, yellow squash and tomatoes," writes Dawn E Bryant of Thedford, Nebraska. "I combined the three, added herbs, garlic and feta and came up with a colorful, flavorful dish that I really love. My son eats it up like crazy too.”
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add squash and zucchini; saute 6-8 minutes longer or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the remaining ingredients; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mediterranean Summer Squash in Healthy Cooking June/July 2008, p29
Reviews for Mediterranean Summer Squash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 24, 2012
"Amazing flavor. Super good with greek tuna steak."
Reviewed Apr. 7, 2009
Reviewed Apr. 30, 2008
"T have squash planted in my small garden and I'll soon be trying this recipe. It sounds great and we love all kinds of squash."