Mediterranean Summer Squash Recipe
“I came up with the recipe when my garden was producing like crazy and I had lots of fresh zucchini, yellow squash and tomatoes," writes Dawn E Bryant of Thedford, Nebraska. "I combined the three, added herbs, garlic and feta and came up with a colorful, flavorful dish that I really love. My son eats it up like crazy too.”
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add squash and zucchini; saute 6-8 minutes longer or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the remaining ingredients; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mediterranean Summer Squash in Healthy Cooking June/July 2008, p29
Reviews for Mediterranean Summer Squash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 24, 2012
Amazing flavor. Super good with greek tuna steak.
Reviewed Apr. 7, 2009
Reviewed Apr. 30, 2008
T have squash planted in my small garden and I'll soon be trying this recipe. It sounds great and we love all kinds of squash.