This flavorful skillet dinner has become a favorite at LaVonne Cunningham's home in Colfax, Illinois. "It's a great way to use chicken and makes a comforting meal for two," she writes.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 bone-in chicken thighs (about 3/4 pounds), skin removed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons sliced pimiento-stuffed olives, optional
- In a skillet, brown chicken in oil over medium-high heat for about 3
- minutes on each side. Add garlic; cook and stir about 45 seconds.
- Stir in the tomatoes, bay leaf, sugar, basil, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or
- until chicken juices run clear and chicken is tender.
- Simmer, uncovered, until sauce reaches desired thickness. Discard bay
- leaf. Serve over spaghetti. Garnish with olives if desired. Yield: 2