- 2 bone-in chicken thighs (about 3/4 pounds), skin removed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons sliced pimiento-stuffed olives, optional
- In a skillet, brown chicken in oil over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes on each side. Add garlic; cook and stir about 45 seconds. Stir in the tomatoes, bay leaf, sugar, basil, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and chicken is tender.
- Simmer, uncovered, until sauce reaches desired thickness. Discard bay leaf. Serve over spaghetti. Garnish with olives if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Mediterranean-Style Chicken in Country Woman January/February 2004, p37
Reviews for Mediterranean-Style Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2011
"This is just spaghetti with chicken in it. The sauce has a fairly sour taste to it and the feta cheese doesn't do it any favors. I would have preferred parmesan cheese instead."