Mediterranean Steak & Egg Pitas Recipe
Traditional steak and eggs get a Mediterranean makeover in this oh- so-easy entree. Hearty and fun, these pitas are loaded with flavor! Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- 4 whole pita breads, warmed
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2/3 cup crumbled garlic and herb feta cheese
- 1. Sprinkle beef with the Greek seasoning, salt and pepper. In a large skillet, saute beef in oil for 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, fry eggs as desired. Spoon steak over pita breads; top with tomatoes, olives, cheese and eggs. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 483 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 270 mg cholesterol, 1,053 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 40 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC