- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 Eggland's Best® Eggs
- 4 whole pita breads, warmed
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2/3 cup crumbled garlic and herb feta cheese
- Sprinkle beef with the Greek seasoning, salt and pepper. In a large skillet, saute beef in oil for 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, fry eggs as desired. Spoon steak over pita breads; top with tomatoes, olives, cheese and eggs. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for Mediterranean Steak & Egg Pitas
Sort By :
Absolutely I'll make this again! It was super easy and SUPER yummy! Great mixture of texture's and flavors! I've never heard so many mmmmmm's throughout a meal!
The balance of flavors is great and it comes together in a flash! Both my husband and I gave this one an enthusiastic thumbs-up!