If you want to make this dish vegetarian, use soy sauce instead of Worcestershire. I like it warm or cold. —Becky Cuba, Spotsylvania, Virginia
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- Additional olive oil, optional
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 6-8 minutes or until liquid is almost evaporated.
- Add beans, artichoke hearts and spinach; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Drizzle with additional oil if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mediterranean Spinach & Beans in Simple & Delicious April/May 2014
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mediterranean Spinach & Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review