- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach (about 8 cups)
- Additional olive oil, optional
- In a 12-in. skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute onion until tender, 3-5 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until liquid is almost evaporated, 6-8 minutes.
- Add beans, artichoke hearts and spinach; cook and stir until spinach is wilted, 3-5 minutes. If desired, drizzle with additional oil. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mediterranean Spinach & Beans
"Yummy and very easy to make. A quick, weeknight meal. It's not very hearty so it definitely does not make four large servings. The second time we made this, I doubled the recipe and served with couscous. That helped round out the meal."
"This dish was really good and not spicy at all. My only complaint was no meat, so I just added some cut up chicken breast. I really love this dish cold, but its great either way."
"This was good. Spicy and flavorful. I wouldn't have minded a few more beans because I like the beans, but a whole nother can would've been too much. I did use about half the spinach called for, just because that is all I had on hand."