- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- Additional olive oil, optional
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 6-8 minutes or until liquid is almost evaporated.
- Add beans, artichoke hearts and spinach; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Drizzle with additional oil if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mediterranean Spinach & Beans
Sort By :
This was good. Spicy and flavorful. I wouldn't have minded a few more beans because I like the beans, but a whole nother can would've been too much. I did use about half the spinach called for, just because that is all I had on hand.