- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shrimp in oil until shrimp turn pink. Add the garlic, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute longer. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat 1 cup broth, lemon juice and dried basil. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining broth until smooth; stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in spinach and shrimp; cook until spinach is wilted.
- Drain pasta; serve with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and fresh basil. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mediterranean Shrimp Skillet
"I loved it. I used cooked shrimp and added it in last to warm up. I added extra Feta cheese as I love it. Very easy to make."
"Nice and easy to make. Does not re-heat well."
"Very good! My whole family enjoyed it, even my 4 year old and my very picky 2 year old! My husband doesn't like feta cheese, but I used just a little on his portion and got no complaints! I'll be making this again and again!"
"Amazing flavor, light and great for warm summer evening. Followed recipe exactly."