Mediterranean Shrimp Skillet Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shrimp in oil until shrimp turn pink. Add the garlic, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute longer. Remove and set aside.
- 2. In the same skillet, heat 1 cup broth, lemon juice and dried basil. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining broth until smooth; stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in spinach and shrimp; cook until spinach is wilted.
- 3. Drain pasta; serve with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and fresh basil. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 429 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 216mg cholesterol, 879mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 39g protein
Reviews for Mediterranean Shrimp Skillet
"I loved it. I used cooked shrimp and added it in last to warm up. I added extra Feta cheese as I love it. Very easy to make."
"Nice and easy to make. Does not re-heat well."
"Very good! My whole family enjoyed it, even my 4 year old and my very picky 2 year old! My husband doesn't like feta cheese, but I used just a little on his portion and got no complaints! I'll be making this again and again!"
"Amazing flavor, light and great for warm summer evening. Followed recipe exactly."
"One of the best shrimp dishes I've had so far!"
"I just love recipes like this, fresh and healthy ingredients. Hubby doesn't care for feta cheese, but easy enuf to leave it off of his. I liked everything about this one."
"I just love recipes like this... fresh and healthy ingredients. Hubby doesn't like feta, so i left it off of his, but i like everything about this one."
"wonderful and easy! Even my picky family raved."
"Light, fresh and easy to make!"
"Love this recipe!"
"This made me think that I was eating in an elegant restaurant, I loved it, my kids even had seconds."
"Okay, I didn't have any shrimp, so I made it with chicken, but it was still fabulously good."
"It's amazing how such a simple recipe could taste so delicious. Definitely a keeper!"
"I had high hopes for this recipe but it was missing a little in the flavor department for us. I ended up adding onion with the garlic and a can of diced tomatoes at the end because it needed a little color. I also added more feta, with garlic and herbs. Not sure when I'll make this again or what additions I'll make then. I'm thinking chicken might be more favorable to absorbing flavor via spices or marinating. This recipe was really quick though and that was a bonus."
"Very simple and quick to make- has great flavor, too."
"This is a delicious blend of of my favorite foods all in one easy meal. The feta cheese offers a delicious twist to this pasta dish and I usually add more than the 1/2 cup it calls for. For those who don't like feta, you can leave it out and still have a delicious recipe. i have used vegetable broth in place of the chicken broth and fresh basil in place of dried."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.