Mediterranean Shrimp Skillet Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shrimp in oil until shrimp turn pink. Add the garlic, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute longer. Remove and set aside.
- 2. In the same skillet, heat 1 cup broth, lemon juice and dried basil. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining broth until smooth; stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in spinach and shrimp; cook until spinach is wilted.
- 3. Drain pasta; serve with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and fresh basil. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cups shrimp mixture with 1 cup pasta equals 429 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 216 mg cholesterol, 879 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 39 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.