Mediterranean Shrimp Linguine Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shrimp and onion in oil until shrimp turn pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the red peppers, olives, parsley, wine, pepper flakes, salt, oregano and pepper. Reduce heat.
- 3. Drain linguine, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water. Add linguine and reserved water to the skillet. Stir in cheese and lemon juice; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/3 cups: 462 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 144mg cholesterol, 610mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein .
Reviews for Mediterranean Shrimp Linguine
"Very good, even hubby loved."
"Made this today and it was so delicious and gone in no time at all. Zero leftovers. I left out the garlic but next time it will go in. My company loved it!"
"Thank you for the recipe. This is a Fabulous Dish! I made for a friend and altered it to serve four. I only omitted olives (don't care for them) and it was just delicious and very easy to make."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.