This picture-perfect linguine is a feast for the eyes and, with a hint of heat, a treat for the palate. —Megan Hidalgo, Quarryville, Pennsylvania
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shrimp and onion in oil until shrimp turn pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the red peppers, olives, parsley, wine, pepper flakes, salt, oregano and pepper. Reduce heat.
- Drain linguine, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water. Add linguine and reserved water to the skillet. Stir in cheese and lemon juice; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mediterranean Shrimp Linguine in Simple & Delicious December/January 2012, p41
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Mediterranean Shrimp Linguine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review