- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shrimp and onion in oil until shrimp turn pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the red peppers, olives, parsley, wine, pepper flakes, salt, oregano and pepper. Reduce heat.
- Drain linguine, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water. Add linguine and reserved water to the skillet. Stir in cheese and lemon juice; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Mediterranean Shrimp Linguine
Sort By :
"Very good, even hubby loved."
"Made this today and it was so delicious and gone in no time at all. Zero leftovers. I left out the garlic but next time it will go in. My company loved it!"
"I made this for Valentine's Day and it did not disappoint! It was the best shrimp pasta dish I have ever cooked and it rivaled any restaurant. My husband said it was crazy good and he doesn't even care for shrimp or olives. He went back for seconds. The only changes were shallots instead of onions , bumped up the garlic to six cloves, reduced the feta to 1/2 cup just so I could add some fresh Parmesantoo..used Bella Sera pinot grigio for the wine and enjoyed a glass with the meal. Definite do over thank you!!!!!!!!!!!"
"Thank you for the recipe. This is a Fabulous Dish! I made for a friend and altered it to serve four. I only omitted olives (don't care for them) and it was just delicious and very easy to make."