Mediterranean Shrimp Couscous Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked couscous
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute the shrimp, shallot and garlic in 1 tablespoon oil until shrimp turn pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook and stir the zucchini, wine, tomatoes and capers until zucchini is tender. Add spinach; cook just until wilted. Add broth and bring to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork.
- Whisk the lemon juice, vinegar and remaining oil; add to the pan. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese, the seasonings and reserved shrimp mixture; cook and stir over low heat until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Mediterranean Shrimp Couscous
Sort By :
This simple to prepare dish makes a big impression at the table! I made this for my family, but it would make a nice dish to serve to company. I did make a few changes to the original recipe. First, I omitted the salt since the feta, sun dried tomatoes, capers and even the shrimp are already salted. I added 1/4 cup chopped Kalamata olives and fresh chopped basil right before serving.
Sounds quiet tasty. Will have to make it sometime.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Seafood Recipes >
- Shrimp Dinner Recipes >