Mediterranean Shrimp and Pasta Recipe
When our appetites are hearty, I double this dish. The shrimp and pasta are tossed in a light sauce.
- 4 ounces uncooked linguine
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 jar (6 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onions and garlic in oil until tender. Add mushrooms and tomatoes; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Stir in the artichoke hearts, wine or broth, Italian seasoning, salt, rosemary and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until mixture reaches desired thickness.
- 2. Add shrimp; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain linguine; top with shrimp mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 598 calories, 29g fat (5g saturated fat), 168mg cholesterol, 798mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Mediterranean Shrimp and Pasta
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2008
"great for two"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC