- 4 ounces uncooked linguine
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 jar (6 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onions and garlic in oil until tender. Add mushrooms and tomatoes; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Stir in the artichoke hearts, wine or broth, Italian seasoning, salt, rosemary and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until mixture reaches desired thickness.
- Add shrimp; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain linguine; top with shrimp mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Mediterranean Shrimp and Pasta in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p188
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Mediterranean Shrimp and Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2008
"great for two"