- 9 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and halved
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained and halved
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 4 minutes. Add remaining ingredients; cook and stir 5 minutes or until heated through and shrimp turn pink.
- Drain linguine; serve with shrimp mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mediterranean Shrimp and Linguine
Sort By :
"This recipe needs something. I liked the idea that it was healthy and quick, but it was rather tastless. As previous reviewer noted she is adding lemon juice. My husband suggested using Kalmata olives and maybe adding a quarter cup of liquid from the artichoke can to the vegetable mixture. It was just missing something. I will give it another shot with alterations."
"I added fresh lemon juice (1-2 lemons) very tasty."
"My husband and I both loved it! I will be making this again."
"Making it again tonight. This is really, really delicious. (Even the leftovers were delicious!)"