Mediterranean Shrimp and Linguine Recipe
- 9 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and halved
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained and halved
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 4 minutes. Add remaining ingredients; cook and stir 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- 2. Drain linguine; serve with shrimp mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 328 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 748mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Mediterranean Shrimp and Linguine
"If I had ordered this in a restaurant, I would have been totally satisfied. What a delicious meal."
"This recipe needs something. I liked the idea that it was healthy and quick, but it was rather tastless. As previous reviewer noted she is adding lemon juice. My husband suggested using Kalmata olives and maybe adding a quarter cup of liquid from the artichoke can to the vegetable mixture. It was just missing something. I will give it another shot with alterations."
"I added fresh lemon juice (1-2 lemons) very tasty."
"My husband and I both loved it! I will be making this again."
"Making it again tonight. This is really, really delicious. (Even the leftovers were delicious!)"
"The entire family loves this dish - great for easy entertaining!"
"Absolutely delicious!!!! Will make again and again. Super easy!"
"This was so easy to prepare and the taste was great!"
"This was a wonderful meal! Very filling. I used Grape tomatoes and sliced them in half instead of whole ones."