Mediterranean Shrimp and Linguine Recipe
- 9 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and halved
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained and halved
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 4 minutes. Add remaining ingredients; cook and stir 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- 2. Drain linguine; serve with shrimp mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup shrimp mixture with 3/4 cup linguine equals 328 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 748 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.