Sun-dried tomatoes and curry take center stage in this pasta dish that's loaded with tender shrimp and crunchy asparagus. "This is one of my husband's favorites for special occasions," notes Shirley Kunde of Rhinelander, Wisconsin. "Guests always enjoy it, too."
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup dry-pack sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 6 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons clam juice
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a small bowl, pour boiling water over sun-dried tomatoes; let stand for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside. Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, clam juice, apple juice, curry powder and pepper; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook asparagus in oil for 2 minutes. Add green onions and garlic; cook and stir 1 minute longer.
- Stir in shrimp. Cook and stir 3 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in tomato sauce mixture and sun-dried tomatoes; heat through. Drain fettuccine and add to skillet; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mediterranean Shrimp 'n' Pasta in Light & Tasty April/May 2005, p47
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mediterranean Shrimp 'n' Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 6, 2011
"Great. Subtle curry flavor combines well with the asparagus, shrimp and sun-dried tomatos. A hit with the whole family."