Mediterranean Salsa Recipe
- 2 cups cubed peeled eggplant (1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 cup cubed sweet red pepper (1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 cup cubed green pepper (1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 cup cubed zucchini (1/2-inch cubes)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large tomato, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Toasted bread rounds
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute the eggplant, peppers, zucchini and garlic in oil for 8 minutes. Add the tomato, vinegar, basil, thyme, sugar, salt and pepper. Cook 4-5 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve with toasted bread. Yield: about 2-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup: 45 calories, 3g fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Mediterranean Salsa
"This was a big hit at my recent Middle-East themed party."
"Tasty, and love all the fresh ingredients!"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.